21 de diciembre de 2011

2011: Homenaje a los caidos


Clare Amory (1976-2011)
"We could play from now until we die I think, we would just sleep and eat right there while the others kept it going"


Poly Styrene (1957-2011)
"I can't write and I can't sing, I can't do anything, I can't read and I can't spell: I can't even get to hell"


Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
"He's a, a legend in his own mind and God's gift to women: on a day God wasn't giving up"


Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)
"He walks away, the sun goes down. He takes the day but I'm gone and in your way in this blue shade; my tears dry on their own"


David Honeyboy Edwards (1925-2011)
"I have had my fun if I never get well no more"


Alex Steinweiss (1917-2011)
"I'd be happy to be just a good sign writer"


Jerry Leiber (1933-2011)
"When the night has come and the land is dark and the moon is the only light we see; no I won't be afraid just as long as you stand, stand by me"


Manuel Galvan (1931-2011)
"Deja de llorar por mi que no lo merezco. Se que hice mal, si no comprendi tu amor ahora me arrepiento"


DJ Mehdi (1977-2011)
"In Mariah Carey's wise words: I love my fans"


Heavy D (1967-2011)
"Ask, heaven, heaven - is there room for me? Cause I believe, that's where you'll be waiting for me, at the end of a stairway to heaven"


Laura Kennedy (197?-2011)
"Whenever I see an old friend, is how tough and resilient and fucking awesome we are. Us New York City kids from the eighties, often transplanted from other cities, other countries, occasionally other planets we've kicked ass"


Hubert Sumlin (1931-2011)
"Did what I  Could, what I could for you"


Clarence Clemons (1942-2011)
"Together wendy well live with the sadness; I'll love you with all the madness in my soul" - Bruce Springsteen


Trish Keenan (1969-2011)
"You're in a sleepless dream, the insincere"


Suze Rotolo (1943-2011)
"I can't see my reflection in the waters, I can't speak the sounds that show no pain, I can't hear the echo of my footsteps, or can't remember the sound of my own name. Yes, and only if my own true love was waitin': yes, and if I could hear her heart a-softly poundin'. Only if she was lyin' by me: then I'd lie in my bed once again." - Bob Dylan